SCIENCE IS TO DELVE SIMPLE LAWS FROM THE COMPLEX NATURE
Education and Appointments:
2007.9 - 2011.6, B.Sc., Geology, China University of Geosciences, Wuhan
2011.9 - 2017.6, Ph. D., Geology, China University of Geosciences, Wuhan
Current Research Interest:
1) The modern process of microbe and their lipids responding to environment changes in soils and lakes, using lipid, isotope and gene method.
2) The climate change indicated and/or induced by fossil lipids in loess-paleosol sequences and lacustrine sediments.
1) Quantitative relationship between bacterial tetraether isomers and temperature in surface sediments of Yunnan Lake, funded by China Postdoctoral Science Foundation, 2019-present.
2) Different relationships between bacterial tetraether isomers and environmental factors in Chinese lakes from different climatic regions and their driving mechanisms, funded by NSF of China, 2019-2021.
3) Geolipid records indicative of the evolution of Asian monsoon-driven hydroclimate and temperature in Eastern China since late Miocene, key program funded by NSF of China, participator, 2019-2023.
Selected Publications (* author for correspondence):
1. Xinyue Dang, Huan Yang, B. David A. Naafs, Richard D. Pancost, Shucheng Xie. Evidence of moisture control on the methylation of branched glycerol dialkyl glycerol tetraethers in semi-arid and arid soils. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, 2016, 189:24-36.
2. Xinyue Dang, Jiantao Xue, Huan Yang, Shucheng Xie. Environmental impacts on the distribution of microbial tetraether lipids in Chinese lakes with contrasting pH: Implications for lacustrine paleoenvironmental reconstructions. SCIENCE CHINA Earth Sciences, 2016, 59(5):939-950.
3. Xinyue Dang, Weihua Ding, Huan Yang, Richard D. Pancost, B. David A. Naafs, Jiantao Xue, Xiao Lin, Jiayi Lu, Shucheng Xie. Different temperature dependence of the bacterial brGDGT isomers in 35 Chinese lake sediments compared to that in soils. Organic Geochemistry, 2018, 119:72-79.
2017.11 - present, Post-doctor, State Key Laboratory of Biogeology and Environmental Geology, China University of Geosciences
2020.1 - present, Honorary Research Fellow, Organic Geochemistry, School of Earth Science, University of Bristol, UK
Copyright©Molecular Geobiology Group, China University of Geosciences (Wuhan)
Molecular Geobiology Group
State Key Laboratory of Biogeology and Environmental Geology
China University of Geosciences (Wuhan)
NO.68 Jincheng Street, East Lake High-tech Development Zone, Wuhan,